Echo Park Supportive and Affordable Housing Questionnaire
The City is in the process of developing a Permanent Supportive Housing/Affordable Housing project at 1140 – 1152 N Glendale Blvd and 1149 – 1155 N. Lemoyne St. This is a City-owned parking lot, much of which has been leased to adjacent El Centro del Pueblo for many years. You can review the linked files at the bottom of this page for background and more details.
CD13 is currently seeking comment from the community on what it would like to see, both in terms of physical features & amenities, and what populations should be housed and served. This input will go into the Request for Proposal that goes out to solicit proposals and bids, and generates the final design. This is the stage where community input can have substantial & practical effect on the final project – so please weigh in ASAP (by September 6 to make sure your voice is heard).
Key things to know:
- The project is designed to use public money most efficiently while replacing the resources currently in use, and get as many units as possible for the lowest cost; currently, the proposal is for up to 100 units, but it depends on what other community resources are included.
- This project as proposed is 100% affordable housing, some or all of which may be supportive. There will be no market rate units to be included; the City will own the site and supervise operation; the City will not make money from this project, and it will at no time be privatized.
- The initial concept includes a recreation space with separate entrance to meet the needs of El Centro del Pueblo and the rest of the community – one option is a full sized outdoor basketball court, another is an enclosed gymnasium with room for basketball and/or volleyball and a rooftop garden/open space on top; the building and space has not been designed yet, and other community amenities may be included.
Additional Supporting Documents:
Search this website.
News & Information
- Land Use Presentations
- What is Shower Stop Echo Park?
Shower Stop mobile shower program for our homeless brethren.
- Overdose Prevention & Response Training
- Recap of Greater LA Homeless Count Presentation
- Learn More About Vision Zero
- Slide Presentation on Evaluation of the state of street related infra- structure programs in Los Angeles
- Opportunity Zones
- Housing & Community Investment Department
- LA Sanitation Updates & Improvements
- Free Home Delivery of Mulch to City of LA residents
- Dept. of City Planning Releases 2016 Annual Report
Like Us On Facebook