Summer Night Lights 2018
GRYD’s mission is to strengthen youth/young adult, family and community resilience to the influence of gangs by fostering public/private collaboration and supporting community-based prevention and intervention services. SNL is a key component of the comprehensive GRYD strategy which was piloted during the summer of 2008 as a response to research that point to youth being most likely to commit violent crimes during the summer months in the City of Los Angeles. The SNL program is implemented in 32 parks across the city with the goal of reducing gang related violence in and around SNL sites & providing community engagement and employment opportunities for youth as well as adults.
- Develop and implement a workshop series tailored around the SNL Art program’s mission of presenting unifying themes in black/brown cultures and engagement of community members across the family life cycle.
- Development of lesson plans for each workshop, including a culminating project or performance, a budget for supplies and an outreach plan.
- Communicate with GRYD SNL staff via email, cell phone, and written reports (nightly/end of program)
- Maintain communication with Art Program Coordinator/site staff regarding programming, special events, and areas that require follow up.
- Maintain working relationships with site team and SNL Partners (i.e. Recreation and Parks, LAPD, Community Intervention Workers).
- Be committed to working with a diverse population and participants along the family life cycle (children to elders).
- Maintain detailed accounting records of supplies purchased and follow invoice reimbursement protocols for payment.
Search this website.
Like Us On Facebook
News & Information
- Land Use Presentations
- Community Items
- What is Shower Stop Echo Park?
Shower Stop mobile shower program for our homeless brethren.
- Overdose Prevention & Response Training
- Recap of Greater LA Homeless Count Presentation
- Learn More About Vision Zero
- Slide Presentation on Evaluation of the state of street related infra- structure programs in Los Angeles
- Opportunity Zones
- Housing & Community Investment Department
- LA Sanitation Updates & Improvements
- Free Home Delivery of Mulch to City of LA residents
- Dept. of City Planning Releases 2016 Annual Report